2016 marks the 30th Anniversary of Adaptive Sports and Recreation Association’s (ASRA) Junior Adaptive Sports Camp for physically disabled children ages 4-18. This unique summer camp is sponsored by the Anthem Blue Cross Foundation,and fills the need for a camp and year round programs for kids with a physical disability who wanted an opportunity to play sports.
- 5 days, 9am-3:30pm
- 15 different sports experiences
- 2 locations- North Crown Point Shores Mission Bay (for water sports) and San Diego Miramar College (land sports)
- Partnering with Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) for camp and AccessAbility fair events.
- Over 70 children participate with various disabilities including spinal cord injuries, amputations, spina bifida, cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy
- Nursing station available daily for those kids needing extra medical attention during camp.
- Transportation available
Athletes at camp are grouped by age and ability, and work with committed volunteers and sports counselors who share a passion for adaptive sports. They will learn the fundamentals of sports such as wheelchair basketball, wheelchair tennis, archery, swimming, hand cycling, water tubing, water skiing, wheelchair soccer, rugby and much more. They will also develop important skills to help them stay active and healthy, develop positive self-esteem, leadership skills, independence and most importantly, open them up to a whole new world of possibilities! It is truly a life changing experience for the kids and their families that takes place in a positive, loving and fun atmosphere!
Please join us this year and Register early as camp fills up fast!
Give your child the opportunity to play!